  • Pia Walker

    Pia Walker June 22, 2006, 1:11 p.m. (Message 45639)

    RE: The 'Castle'

    That sounds wonderful and great fun.

    Pia

    -----Original Message-----
    From: strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    [mailto:strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx]On Behalf Of
    xxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Sent: 22 June 2006 11:10
    To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Subject: RE: The 'Castle'

    How many sets, probably 4 not counting the street. As drawing room (2),
    connects to dining room (1) through an arch, which is closed with 4
    panels, all but one fixed closed in  winter, two left open in supper,
    and two more that can be opened to conbine the two rooms. The roof
    terrace can easily hold one, which works because it has windows from
    the cupula, having speakers on each level. Besides, the smaller of its
    two balconies, can hold a small band, already having a piano, organ,
    and drum set in place. However we have had dances in the street, 24
    hour police notice required, permit easy to get. The street is two sets
    wide, and about 20 sets long between the cross streets. We usually put
    the band on a balcony across the street, if there is a crowd, if not,
    and strictly a neighborhood affair this space is limited by the band,
    tables, and a 4m diameter paella pan over an open fire..