  • Anselm Lingnau

    Anselm Lingnau June 21, 2006, 3:58 p.m. (Message 45611)

    Re: St Andrews 2005 - DVD

    Loretta Holz wrote:

    > Could you possibly post the details here as I'm sure many others besides
    > Stella and I would be interested?

    I would like to remind everyone of the Strathspey usage policy which says that
    announcements of products and services related to Scottish dancing (as
    opposed to the size or function of various body parts, the acquisition of
    dubious academic qualifications or stock in equally dubious companies, etc.,
    of which yours truly throws out about two dozen every day that some
    sleazeball tries to send to you all) are welcome on this list. In fact they
    are one of the things that this list is meant for.

    This includes ordering and pricing information, unless as a purveyor of such
    wares you would rather not see things like your postal address sent to
    everybody (and archived for public access for the foreseeable future).

    The only thing I would like to ask is to keep these announcements brief and to
    the point and not to repeat them very often.

    Anselm
    Unlike human beings, computers possess the truly profound stupidity of the
    inanimate.                           -- Bruce Sterling, *The Hacker Crackdown*