Don MacQueen

Re: Floor space per set?

June 19, 2006, 2:11 a.m. (Message 45581, in reply to message 45460)

We have a 20 ft by 32 ft stage we use at various Scottish Games. A
single demonstration team dancing a square set dance can easily use
most of it, especially in the 20 ft direction. Three sets can fit
side by side comfortably if you're willing to forgo any dances with
down the middle and back (i.e., "up" and "down" are in the 20 ft
direction. I think I've seen four sets on it for audience
participation, i.e., 10 feet per set in width and 16 feet per set in
length. But that's pretty crowded, and again, the lower sets have no
room for down the middle and back.

-Don

--
Don MacQueen