  • mlamontbrown

    mlamontbrown June 14, 2006, 11:35 a.m. (Message 45548)

    RE: Regarding Dance Technique and Etiquette

    Jan wrote:
    > Actually I was taught to turn that way some 40 years ago (a children's
    > class with an RSCDS teacher).  We used to practice the different
    > holds by doing slower turns and faster turns so that at any time we
    > could take either hold, or change from one hold to the other, smoothly
    > and easily.

    I'm glad to read that this hold was more than a local aberration which I was
    eventually discouraged from using - some people said that it hurt their wrists -

    Like Jan, I can remember smoothly changing my hold as we speeded up and slowed down;
    and I can even remember going in for a tight turn, both hands missed completely, but
    we turned quite safely because our wrists were still wrapped around each other -
    (well we didn't fall over, and being much younger at the time that meant that it met
    the criteria for being "safe").

    Malcolm

    Malcolm L Brown
    York  (UK)