  • Eike Albert-Unt

    Eike Albert-Unt June 13, 2006, 2:12 p.m. (Message 45535)

    RE: sashes - traditionally and in practice

    Thanks Pia!
    :-)

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Pia [mailto:xxx@xxxxxxxx.xxx]
    Sent: 13. juuni 2006. a. 15:11
    To: SCD news and discussion
    Subject: RE: sashes - traditionally and in practice

    Amen

    Except - are Bugblatters of scottish descent?

    You have to come to YOunger Hall these days Anselm - they don't even wear
    white dresses anymore - although the men still wear kilts :>)

    Eike - wear it any which way you want - I have started to wrap it round my
    middle - belt style - hides a multitude of sins {choclate, cream puddings,
    middleage spreads etc).

    I once saw a lady in America wear a sash hiding her dress neckline to the
    front, fastened with two brooches - one on each shoulder - with the ends
    hanging down her back - that looked fantastic.

    For dem. purposes, we wear the sash folded - one end longer than the other -
    gathered with a brooch and fastened to a shoulder - the same side shoulder
    for all and one end carried over to the opposite side on the back - it looks
    good when dancing when the end of the sash flows freely behind you.

    I personally do not like the wrap around style, where you start at a
    shoulder and cross over the front to end up back at the same shoulder - it
    is all right if you are flat as a board, but the minute you have curves both
    in expected and unexpected places - you can bet your last dollar that the
    sash will sit and emphasize just there.

    Pia