  • Robert Lambie

    Robert Lambie June 9, 2006, 9:54 p.m. (Message 45495)

    RE: Glasgow Highlanders

    Nobody has pointed out that the dance is much improved by being done as a
    duple minor(ie numbered one two one two one two all down the line of
    dancers). Everybody starts as if couples one and two, and the dance then
    goes on with the minimum number of people standing doing nothing. I was
    horified the first time I met it as a four couple dance, though I am assured
    that it was originally intended as such. I plead the Mairi's Wedding reel
    protocol!