  • Volleyballjerry

    Volleyballjerry May 28, 2006, 2:56 a.m. (Message 45414)

    Re: Reels and Hornpipes

    For those like me who are fairly satisfied with Steve's "reasonably reliable
    indicator," here's my (yes, of course, highly oversimplified) hornpipe
    mnemonic for beginning dancers (a variation of "An-i-ma-ted Al-li-ga-tor" for reels,
    the companion of "Beau-ti-ful But-ter-fly" for jigs):

    Animated alligators, HERE'S YOUR CHANCE:
    Animated alligators, WATCH THEM DANCE!

    Robb Quint
    Thousand Oaks, CA, USA