  • suepetyt

    suepetyt May 25, 2006, 4:45 p.m. (Message 45373)

    RE: google failed me!!! (Mellenish/Mellinish)

    If you look at http://www.thesession.org/tunes/display/2340 is indicates
    that it is also known as Kentigern's Jig.

    Kentigern was a Saint (also known as Mungo) and is buried under Glasgow
    Cathedral.

    There is also a Scottish Folk Group called Kentigern.

    None of this helps with the name Mellinish though!

    Happy Dancing
    Sue Petyt
    www.suepetyt.me.uk
    Skype Sue Petyt

    -----Original Message-----
    From: strathspey-bounces-sue=xxxxxxxx.xx.xx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    [mailto:strathspey-bounces-sue=xxxxxxxx.xx.xx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx] On Behalf Of
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx@xxx.xxx
    Sent: 25 May 2006 15:02
    To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Subject: Re: google failed me!!! (Mellenish/Mellinish)

    I don't think that Google failed because there is apparently no such place.

    Aside from the fact that Google would almost assuredly bring it up if there
    were, my AA Road Atlas of Great Britain, which seems to have even the
    tiniest
    village of merely two houses, lists no such place, not by either of the two
    spellings of the dance (Mellenish/Mellinish).

    The only thing that I might logically conclude is that perhaps the braes of
    Mellenish are hillsides belonging to, on the property of, said plasterer.
    Perhaps someone else has a better thought or even definite information about
    this.
     ("Brae," sometimes merely a hill, is also often more specifically a coastal

    slope.)

    Robb Quint
    Thousand Oaks, CA, USA