Adam Hughes

Re: Strip The Willow (square)

May 25, 2006, 10:53 a.m. (Message 45366, in reply to message 45289)

Marie Disiewicz wrote:
> We have the pleasure of doing this dance and does someone know who
> devised it?

Sorry, I'm not reading 'spey as often as I should.

My sources tell me that the dance was most likely devised by Eddie
Upton, although that Thomas Green hasn't attributed it as such on his
website indicates that there is uncertainty.  A large number of callers
for English Ceilidhs appear to think that, at this stage, it is trad,
whoever came up with it in the first place.

Of course, all the instructions miss the best bit, which is the 5th and
6th times though, all the men (5th) and then all the women (6th) can
simultaneously strip the willow in a square, with a nifty 3/4 right
hands across... (tricky to know whether sides or heads gallop first
though...)

Adam
Cambridge, UK.

Inbox full of spam? Get leading spam protection and 1GB storage with
All New Yahoo! Mail. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html