  • Thomas G. Mungall, III

    Thomas G. Mungall, III May 23, 2006, 8:02 p.m. (Message 45356)

    Re: Are there estimates on RSCDS dancers?

    I suppose you could contact each of the Scottish dance groups VIA e-mail or
    letter and ask for estimates of people attending, etc. You may wish to start
    with the list located:
    http://www.strathspey.org/groups/index.html

    Note that this list is badly in need of updating with many of the links out
    of date or broken.

    Good luck!
    Tom Mungall
    Baton Rouge, La, USA

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Alexandre Rafalovitch" <xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx>
    To: "SCD news and discussion" <xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
    Sent: Tuesday, May 23, 2006 11:45 AM
    Subject: Are there estimates on RSCDS dancers?

    Hi,

    Does anybody have estimates on RSCDS dancers. I am interested in any
    numbers, but if somebody has number for specific categories below it
    would be even better. The numbers can be very rough.
    1) Active dancers (not retired and single visits)
    2) Members
    3) Teachers
    4) Dancers who participate online (? = strathspey mailing list size)
    5) Other interesting statistic I probably should have asked

    The results (if any) may be worked into an article, but they are also
    of interest for other reasons. Speed of response is more important
    then precision here.

    Regards,
       Alex.