  • Alan Paterson

    Alan Paterson May 23, 2006, 9:32 a.m. (Message 45351)

    Re: Copying Cassettes onto CD - Many thanks

    On 23/05/2006 09:19, Anselm Lingnau wrote:
    > Alan Paterson wrote:
    >

    >>I have the Bobby Crowe one. Dancedata knows nothing about any Ron
    >>Gonella recording. Do tell me more!
    >

    > There may be some confusion here as the »A Fife Fairing« CD contains tracks by
    > Bobby Crowe as well as Ron Gonella. That CD is apparently pieced together
    > mostly from the record for the 1982 booklet (by R.G.) and one by Bobby Crowe
    > containing a mixed bunch of dances including ones from the 1965 and 1978
    > booklets (the second of which would include Fife Ness). The liner notes for
    > the CD do not deign to mention which track is played by which band.
    >
    > Anselm

    More confusion indeed.

    My recording comes from the album "Music for ten Scottish Country
    dances" by Bobby Crowe.

    I have exactly this track noted as being present on the Fife Fairing
    album as well. Unfortunately, this was done so long ago that I can no
    longer provide evidence for the correctness of this. (Possibly because
    of the tune composition).

    This would mean that the two tracks which Ron mentioned are in fact the
    same one. Ron?

    Alan