  • Anselm Lingnau

    Anselm Lingnau May 23, 2006, 9:19 a.m. (Message 45350)

    Re: Copying Cassettes onto CD - Many thanks

    Alan Paterson wrote:

    > I have the Bobby Crowe one. Dancedata knows nothing about any Ron
    > Gonella recording. Do tell me more!

    There may be some confusion here as the »A Fife Fairing« CD contains tracks by
    Bobby Crowe as well as Ron Gonella. That CD is apparently pieced together
    mostly from the record for the 1982 booklet (by R.G.) and one by Bobby Crowe
    containing a mixed bunch of dances including ones from the 1965 and 1978
    booklets (the second of which would include Fife Ness). The liner notes for
    the CD do not deign to mention which track is played by which band.

    Anselm
    The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as
    men, but that we will meanwhile agree to meet them halfway. -- Bernard Avishai