Anselm Lingnau

Re: Copying Cassettes onto CD - Many thanks

May 23, 2006, 9:19 a.m. (Message 45350, in reply to message 45349)

Alan Paterson wrote:

> I have the Bobby Crowe one. Dancedata knows nothing about any Ron
> Gonella recording. Do tell me more!

There may be some confusion here as the »A Fife Fairing« CD contains tracks by
Bobby Crowe as well as Ron Gonella. That CD is apparently pieced together
mostly from the record for the 1982 booklet (by R.G.) and one by Bobby Crowe
containing a mixed bunch of dances including ones from the 1965 and 1978
booklets (the second of which would include Fife Ness). The liner notes for
the CD do not deign to mention which track is played by which band.

Anselm
The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as
men, but that we will meanwhile agree to meet them halfway. -- Bernard Avishai