  • Brian Charlton

    Brian Charlton May 19, 2006, 9:15 a.m. (Message 45325)

    Re: Copying Cassettes onto CD

    G'Day,

    Martin may be right, Wintel computer motherboards usually have a sound
    capability built-in, with a line-in socket as well as microphone and
    line-out. These are usually hidden rounfd the back of the box. The sockets
    are 3mm jack plug and are colour-coded - Line-in is blue, mic is red and
    line-out green. The connection is the headphones out of a cassette player
    into the line-in on the computer box. The recording software used should be
    able to find it without trouble, but you may have to set Sounds and Audio
    Devices in Control Panel to accept line-in recording.

    I hope this helps,

    Brian Charlton,
    Sydney, Australia