  • Angus Henry

    Angus Henry May 19, 2006, 5:40 a.m. (Message 45321)

    Re: Copying Cassettes onto CD

    If you use a Mac (the machine for creativity!) let me know and I can
    help - otherwise there are plenty of Bill Gates subscribers who will
    know what to do with the other boxes    :-)

    Angus

    On 18-05-2006, at 22:43 , Alan Paterson wrote:

    > I still have about 40 MCs of SCD music which never really gets an
    > airing since I always just take my CD collection to classes (I
    > haven't managed to make the jump to laptop-stored MP3 yet).
    >
    > I would very much like to be able to copy the contents of these
    > tapes onto CD.
    >
    > I do have a computer which is able to burn CDs so what I understand
    > that I need to be able to do is to play the tapes into the computer
    > and isolate the tracks.
    >
    > Has anyone out there done anything like this? If so, are there any
    > hints about either of these tasks? In paricular is there any
    > (cheap!) software to manipulate the individual tracks before
    > burning them?
    >
    > Replies can be made directly (xxxx@xxxxxxxx.xx) or to the List. Up
    > to you.
    >

    > Alan

    *     *
       Angus & Puka Henry:– 4 Eagle Court, Wulagi, DARWIN, NT 0812,
    AUSTRALIA
    PHONE: (International) + 61 (0)8 8927 9203
    FAX: available: phone first to arrange.
    Website: <http://www.users.on.net/~anguka/>