  • suepetyt

    suepetyt May 18, 2006, 3:30 p.m. (Message 45314)

    RE: Copying Cassettes onto CD

    We have used Polderbit, it costs a few pounds but is extremely versatile as
    you can also edit the sound track in it (add or remove chords!)

    Happy Dancing
    Sue Petyt
    www.suepetyt.me.uk
    Skype Sue Petyt

    -----Original Message-----
    From: strathspey-bounces-sue=xxxxxxxx.xx.xx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    [mailto:strathspey-bounces-sue=xxxxxxxx.xx.xx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx] On Behalf Of
    Loretta Holz
    Sent: 18 May 2006 14:25
    To: SCD news and discussion
    Subject: Re: Copying Cassettes onto CD

    Alan asked--
     > I would very much like to be able to copy the contents of these tapes
    > onto CD.

    Alan--
    I've transferred a lot of music from tape to CD.  It is a time intensive job
    so if you can buy the CD for the same music then buy it.
    If not, then you need a program like Sound Forge.  The music must be played
    on a cassette player hooked into the computer to create one file per side of
    the cassette (you can play the tunes indiviidually and make separate files
    but I found it easier just to let the whole cassette play one side).  After
    you have the file of multiple tunes, you need to go in Sound Forge and break
    it apart into separate tunes, fix as required, name and store the file
    (format you select).  Then you can make CDs out of these files.

    If you want more detail, ask questions.

    Loretta

    Loretta Holz
    Warren, NJ USA