  • Eike Albert-Unt

    Eike Albert-Unt May 18, 2006, 3:15 p.m. (Message 45310)

    RE: Copying Cassettes onto CD

    Preferably to the list. :-) Thanks!

    With best regards,
    Eike
    (facing the same kind of challenges)

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Alan Paterson [mailto:xxxx.xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xx]
    Sent: 18. mai 2006. a. 16:14
    To: SCD news and discussion
    Subject: Copying Cassettes onto CD

    I still have about 40 MCs of SCD music which never really gets an airing
    since I always just take my CD collection to classes (I haven't managed
    to make the jump to laptop-stored MP3 yet).

    I would very much like to be able to copy the contents of these tapes
    onto CD.

    I do have a computer which is able to burn CDs so what I understand that
    I need to be able to do is to play the tapes into the computer and
    isolate the tracks.

    Has anyone out there done anything like this? If so, are there any hints
    about either of these tasks? In paricular is there any (cheap!) software
    to manipulate the individual tracks before burning them?

    Replies can be made directly (xxxx@xxxxxxxx.xx) or to the List. Up to you.

    Alan