  • Pia Walker

    Pia Walker May 12, 2006, 4:29 p.m. (Message 45265)

    RE: SCD in Tallinn

    Yes - definitely worth a visit - it was wonderful, the weather fantastic,
    the surroundings restful - I was treated like a VIP and everybody was so
    friendly and nice, and Eike has already grasped the beginning of SCD - I was
    put up in a B&B attached to a Daycare Center for the Elderly!!!!! :>)
    During the day - little old ladies kept running past me in the corridors as
    I walked gingerly to my room.

    Pia

    -----Original Message-----
    From: strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    [mailto:strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx]On Behalf Of
    Robin Hemmings
    Sent: 12 May 2006 12:00
    To: 'SCD news and discussion'
    Subject: RE: SCD in Tallinn

    The mails about Estonia bring back happy memories.  In July 2003, members of
    the Monaco and Mougins Scottish Dance Groups made a week's visit to Estonia.
    Thanks to friends Sirje and Andruus, not to mention the friendly folks at
    Estravel in Tallinn we saw a great deal of this fascinating country and even
    managed a little dancing.  At a Folk Festival on Saaremaa we were taught a
    little Estonian dance and my last memory is of our 4 friends dancing it for
    us on the quay in Talinn as we took the JetFoil back to Helsinki.  A short
    feature is available on the Monaco SCD web site -
    http://www.scottishdance-monaco.20m.com/estonia_1.htm

    To anyone considering a visit to Estonia, I say - Think no more, Go Now,
    before the Cruise Ships wreck the place ....

    regards, Robin
    Scottish Dancing Côte d'Azur http://scottishdancing-cotedazur.20m.com