  • Eckhard Lewin

    Eckhard Lewin May 5, 2006, 12:03 p.m. (Message 45166)

    AW: AW: Welcome to the "Strathspey" mailing list

    > John wrote:
    > "let's keep quiet and make him think there's nobody here"

    When Papageno entered into the hall of the Temple, he asked: "No one here?
    I'll wait a little longer, while I count: one, two, three!"
    During the time, he did not get response, he said:

    "Speak up: Yes, or no!
    No one hears me, all is silent.
    So this, then, is your decission?
    I'll wait a little longer,
    while I count: one, two, three!
    One!....Two!
    Then play your bells.
    What a fool I am! I forgott the magic instrument!
    Resound, magic bells, resound!
    	beep, beep, beeeeep!
    Ring, little bells, ring!
    	beep, beep, beeeeep!
    Hey! Papageno, look over here!
    But hush, I hear a fearful rushing noise,
    like rolling thunder and cascading water!
    They are in the hall of the Temple."

    Papageno in "The magig flute / Zauberflöte" (W.A.Mozart)

    beep, beep, beeeeep!

    :-)

    Eckhard