  • suepetyt

    suepetyt April 25, 2006, 6:38 p.m. (Message 45113)

    RE: contact details

    This is a problem I am always highlighting when I do website reviews for the
    Dance On! Magazine.

    There are a lot of dancing websites which are not up to date, some years out
    of date, and to make it worse, many events listings to not have the year so
    you have to look at a calendar and check the day of the week (if they have
    that).

    I always think it is better not to have a website, than to have an out of
    date website.

    It would be impossible for one person to maintain a central website (witness
    Ian's problems keeping up to date) and John Sturrock's is the one the RSCDS
    link to - they will never manage it.

    The best option is for regional sites where events are held with links from
    the RSCDS site.  This is already happening by default to some extent.  I
    manage a site which posts events in south west Scotland and north west
    England (and a few a bit further afield) www.dumfries-rscds.org and Alasdair
    Graham manages one for west central Scotland. These areas are a size that
    one person can manage to keep up to date.

    Happy Dancing
    Sue Petyt
    www.suepetyt.me.uk
    Skype Sue Petyt