  • Pia Walker

    Pia Walker April 14, 2006, 12:24 a.m. (Message 45047)

    RE: International Dance Council

    I have sent an e-mail to Illona Copen, USA to ask her where in the greater
    scheme of thing the International Dance Council fit in - she is allegedly
    the President of the International Dance COMMITTEE of Unesco, so should know
    if they are above board or not.

    I will let you know if I get an answer.

    Pia

    -----Original Message-----
    From: strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    [mailto:strathspey-bounces-pia=xxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx]On Behalf Of
    Anselm Lingnau
    Sent: 13 April 2006 23:13
    To: SCD news and discussion
    Subject: Re: International Dance Council

    Andrea Re wrote:

    > I seem to be getting spammed by the above CID. I have received two
    > e-mails sent to members to this list, but with my address on.....
    >
    > Make it three: Alexander, Pia and Phil. Am I the only one?

    Apparently the CID managed to get itself subscribed to the list, so the
    messages in question should have gone to everybody. I have put a filter on
    that address aeons ago so didn't get copies myself, or I would have noticed
    much earlier. I have removed the offending address manually. I don't think
    they have the addresses of any list members except possibly those who sent
    them complaints.

    I'm inclined to give the CID folks the benefit of the doubt and just assume
    that they're so stupid they couldn't pour water out of a boot if the
    instructions were printed on the heel, rather than think that they
    subscribed
    to the list on purpose specifically to spam everybody. I've been complaining
    to them for approximately a century about the spam they send me personally,
    so I don't think they actually *read* their incoming mail. Maybe they can't
    actually read. If they try to subscribe again I will block them for good as
    far as the list is concerned, and perhaps send them a copy or two of the
    Linux kernel source code to see if they notice *that*.

    And these clowns believe they're in charge of dancing for the whole
    *world*??
    Give me a break.

    Anselm
    --
    Anselm Lingnau, Frankfurt, Germany .....................
    xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx