Anselm Lingnau

Re: International Dance Council

April 14, 2006, 12:12 a.m. (Message 45046, in reply to message 45042)

Andrea Re wrote:

> I seem to be getting spammed by the above CID. I have received two
> e-mails sent to members to this list, but with my address on.....
>
> Make it three: Alexander, Pia and Phil. Am I the only one?

Apparently the CID managed to get itself subscribed to the list, so the
messages in question should have gone to everybody. I have put a filter on
that address aeons ago so didn't get copies myself, or I would have noticed
much earlier. I have removed the offending address manually. I don't think
they have the addresses of any list members except possibly those who sent
them complaints.

I'm inclined to give the CID folks the benefit of the doubt and just assume
that they're so stupid they couldn't pour water out of a boot if the
instructions were printed on the heel, rather than think that they subscribed
to the list on purpose specifically to spam everybody. I've been complaining
to them for approximately a century about the spam they send me personally,
so I don't think they actually *read* their incoming mail. Maybe they can't
actually read. If they try to subscribe again I will block them for good as
far as the list is concerned, and perhaps send them a copy or two of the
Linux kernel source code to see if they notice *that*.

And these clowns believe they're in charge of dancing for the whole *world*??
Give me a break.

Anselm
Blind faith in your leaders, or in anything, will get you killed.
                                                          -- Bruce Springsteen