  • Volleyballjerry

    Volleyballjerry April 13, 2006, 7:41 p.m. (Message 45037)

    Re: The Cranberry Tart

    Martin,

    Terry Glaspool's dedication with the dance instructions mentions that both
    the dance and the woman to whom it is dedicated are "fast, fun, and flirty."
    The name however is to refer to the color of her dress on a particular
    occasion.  The original title, abandoned for some reason (after some "negotiation"
    according to Terry), was Fuchsia Shock, clever to my mind.  The double entrendre
    of the final title (which you are not the first to mention) either never
    occurred to the principals involved or they were unconcerned about it.

    In any case, typical of Terry's creations, a very nice dance.

    Robb Quint
    Thousand Oaks, CA, USA