  • Margaret Lambourne

    Margaret Lambourne April 3, 2006, 11:21 p.m. (Message 44975)

    Re: Over 700 schoolchildren dance in Glasgow

    I agree totally with both Hannah and Alex about the social aspect of SCD
    being very important. I had 2 of my group, who had only taken up dancing
    about 3/4 years ago and had retired down to the south of France, told me
    that dancing had been their entree into a social life with both ex-pats
    and locals and were very grateful for it. It doesn't matter what age you
    are, SCD is very social and gives you a great social life enabling you
    to meet and become friends with many you would never have met otherwise.
    It certainly gave me a great point of contact when I moved to the
    Netherlands over 20 years ago, not knowing anyone and unable to speak Dutch.

    Margaret