  • Alexandre Rafalovitch

    Alexandre Rafalovitch April 3, 2006, 7:04 p.m. (Message 44971)

    Re: Over 700 schoolchildren dance in Glasgow

    On 4/3/06, Hannah Newfield-Plunkett <xxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:
    > I think, though, that if the RSCDS is interested in attracting
    > younger dancers, the solution is not to lower the standards of the dance,
    > but to emphasize other aspects of it, such as its social aspect, which
    > younger people find appealing.

    I second that. We just had a young lady start at New York branch. She
    moved from another USA city to go to the college here and after a
    month of trying to establish new connections decided to try again SCD.
    2 weeks after she showed up at the branch, she got invited to some big
    parties and is now being begged to go to the long weekend dancing
    event (Pauling) (those who are coming, watch out for her keily (sp)
    number). She said to us (happily) that suddenly her problem is
    _finding_ the free time to do all the exciting things now on her
    plate.

    Regards,
        Alex