  • Dick&Maureen Daniel

    Dick&Maureen Daniel April 3, 2006, 1:04 p.m. (Message 44961)

    Re: Over 700 schoolchildren dance in Glasgow

    So you reckon that more  rules [like the goalie standing in First position]
    might solve Scottish Football's problems?  I know little about football, but
    I somehow doubt that is the answer.    As I understand it, Scottish football
    has achieved OUTSTANDING international achievements in the past, despite all
    the odds against them succeeding.

    Conversely, perhaps you are agreeing with me that dispensing with the
    absolute letter of the rules, unless you want to play real COMPETITIVE
    football, would increase the fun element, to the overall benefit of the
    game.

    Maybe someone should form a committee and organise an international survey
    to find out why Scottish Football has such a bad image with youngsters, then
    introduce a PR exercise to sort it all out.  That's what the politicians
    would advise.  Should only take a few years and a few millions, to arrive at
    an indecisive conclusion and an ineffectual campaign.

    Or maybe it's just that Scotland is a small country with a small population
    from which to draw talent, and insufficient funding to encourage youngsters
    to develop their kicking technique, rather than just instructing them that
    pointing their toes is the supreme immutable priority for all levels of the
    game.

    Dick Daniel

    From:  Bryan McAlister <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.xxxxx.xx.xx>
    To:  xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx