  • Alasdair Graham

    Alasdair Graham April 2, 2006, 8:02 p.m. (Message 44955)

    Re: Over 700 schoolchildren dance in Glasgow

    Lets start with a little.
    For the pictures and another report see the Glasgow Branch Website
    http://www.rscdsglasgow.org/index.htm and click on LATEST NEWS then follow
    the links for the pictures and report.

    As for official RSCDS action don't hold your breath.  You only have to look
    at the HQ link for the Perth & Perthshire Branch website under UK Branches,
    Scotland.  The information here is 18 months out of date.  The listed
    Chairman, Linda Gaul, completed her term fully 18 months ago and was
    succeeded by Jane Rattray.  The Treasurer is still listed as Jim Healy!!!!

    Perhaps Members should check their own Branch Information to see if it is
    current.

    Alasdair Graham,
    Dumbarton, Scotland.

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Alexandre Rafalovitch" <xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx>
    To: "SCD news and discussion" <xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
    Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2006 6:04 PM
    Subject: Re: Over 700 schoolchildren dance in Glasgow

    On 4/2/06, Dick Daniel <xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx> wrote:
    > Anselm wrote
    >
    > What the RSCDS needs in Scotland is not »loosening up«. It just needs a PR
    > campaign to educate people. From that point of view the Glasgow event is a
    > Good Thing."

    I agree with both parties here, but neither seems to be talking
    concrete actions. So, let's bring this discussion into the realm of
    what is actually possible and doable:

    2) Where are the pictures from the event, where are
    the interviews with organisers, where are the follow-up actions? wonders.

    4) Do you know where the youth hang out? Does RSCDS check if they
    appear there?
    Regards,
       Alex.