  • Alexandre Rafalovitch

    Alexandre Rafalovitch April 2, 2006, 5:52 p.m. (Message 44951)

    Re: MacNab Dances in diagrams

    On 4/2/06, Jim Healy <xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx> wrote:
    > Greetings!
    >
    > Who said anything about copyright? Who said anything about legal opinions?
    > Why is the assumption made that there must be a problem - other than a
    > slower than desired response.

    This one is easy. Because your original email said that the
    publication _depends_ on the outcome of the discussion to them. To my
    ear, this sounds more like a hostage situation than just a
    confirmation that they are happy to hear about RSCDS liking their
    ancestor's notation. And given the copyright confusion related to this
    issue, we obviously presume that there are difficulties.

    I am sure that (at least) my opinion could be easily reversed if more
    concrete information were provided.

    Regards,
       Alex.