Alexandre Rafalovitch

Re: MacNab Dances in diagrams

April 2, 2006, 5:52 p.m. (Message 44951, in reply to message 44950)

On 4/2/06, Jim Healy <xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx> wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> Who said anything about copyright? Who said anything about legal opinions?
> Why is the assumption made that there must be a problem - other than a
> slower than desired response.

This one is easy. Because your original email said that the
publication _depends_ on the outcome of the discussion to them. To my
ear, this sounds more like a hostage situation than just a
confirmation that they are happy to hear about RSCDS liking their
ancestor's notation. And given the copyright confusion related to this
issue, we obviously presume that there are difficulties.

I am sure that (at least) my opinion could be easily reversed if more
concrete information were provided.

Regards,
   Alex.