  • Phill Jones

    Phill Jones March 31, 2006, 12:27 a.m. (Message 44932)

    RE: Angus Macleod-to promenade or not to promenade

    Marie,

    I have to say that I would go with whatever David Queen suggests given
    that it was his father who devised the dance back in 1969.  Also, I have
    to admit I have never seen it danced with promendae.  And, your
    instructions say 'dance up/down' which I have always understood to be
    nearer hands.

    For interest, Angus MacLeod was the founder of the Clan MacLeod Pipe
    Band in Liverpool (just down the road from where I grew up), which was
    the band Alex Queen (David's father) piped in.

    Rgds,
    Phill

    -----Original Message-----
    From: strathspey-bounces-phill=xxxxxxxxxxxx.xx.xx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    [mailto:strathspey-bounces-phill=xxxxxxxxxxxx.xx.xx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx] On
    Behalf Of Marie Disiewicz
    Sent: 30 March 2006 21:09
    To: SCD news and discussion
    Subject: Angus Macleod-to promenade or not to promenade

    Hi Simon and others
    Yes, I see it could be side by side hands instead of promenade.

    Yes, I have seen cpls following each other around their corner person.

    That said, I did ask David Queen when he was in Victoria and he did say
    " I can tell you there is no promenade"

    Thank you for your reply and other private reply to clear this question
    that has been on my mind.
    Cheers
    Marie