Anselm Lingnau

Re: The RSCDS Constitution

March 30, 2006, 12:10 p.m. (Message 44917, in reply to message 44916)

Jim Healy wrote:

> Scots law is no different. What is on the web site is a discussion
> document. Any changes to the Constitution must be approved by a 2/3rds
> majority of those voting at the AGM. The safeguards are there.

Yes. Any changes to the *current* constitution must be approved by the AGM,
and I didn't mean to imply any different.

However, I should like things to stay that way, hence I'm seconding Andrew's
opinion that the MB should not be given the power *by the AGM* to
unilaterally change the constitution in the future :^) I don't know whether
Scots law allows the membership to explicitly vote itself out of the loop
like that; German law (irrelevantly to the matter at hand) doesn't.

Again, I am sure that the current changes have been proposed with only the
best of intentions.

Anselm
Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to live
in the real world.                            -- Mary Shafer, NASA Ames Dryden