  • Sue Porter

    Sue Porter March 30, 2006, 8:42 a.m. (Message 44907)

    Re: dance trace

    Hello Angus,
     'The Dance Illustrator'
    I wrote the dance for my father, Dan Blackwood, Galashiels, Scotland on the
    occasion of his 80th birthday which he celebrated at Summer School in August
    2003. Marian  composed the tune for him.  It is his pen & ink sketches,
    illustrating RSCDS dances, that are used on the notelets sold by the
    I anyone wishes a copy via email contact me privately on
    Angus I'll email you a copy privately.
    Sue Porter
    Oban, Scotland
    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Angus Henry" <>
    To: "Strathspey.Server and discussion" <>
    Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:47 AM
    Subject: dance trace
    On a recent Highlander Music CD by Marian Anderson are two dances,
    "The Dance Illustrator" and "Maureen's Jig".
    A search of our usual indexes and suppliers has turned up nothing.
    Can anyone supply directions either for the dances or to where we can
    purchase directions for the dances, please?
    Probably useful to reply to the list as many will have the CD and
    few, if any, the dances!
    *     *
       Angus & Puka Henry:– 4 Eagle Court, Wulagi, DARWIN, NT 0812,
    PHONE: (International) + 61 (0)8 8927 9203
    FAX: available: phone first to arrange.
    Website: <>