  • Sue Porter

    Sue Porter March 30, 2006, 8:42 a.m. (Message 44907)

    Re: dance trace

    Hello Angus,
     'The Dance Illustrator'
    I wrote the dance for my father, Dan Blackwood, Galashiels, Scotland on the
    occasion of his 80th birthday which he celebrated at Summer School in August
    2003. Marian  composed the tune for him.  It is his pen & ink sketches,
    illustrating RSCDS dances, that are used on the notelets sold by the
    Society.

    I anyone wishes a copy via email contact me privately on
    xxx.xxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx.

    Angus I'll email you a copy privately.

    Sue Porter
    Oban, Scotland

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: "Angus Henry" <xxxxxx@xxxxxxxxx.xx.xxx>
    To: "Strathspey.Server and discussion" <xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx>
    Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 4:47 AM
    Subject: dance trace

    On a recent Highlander Music CD by Marian Anderson are two dances,
    "The Dance Illustrator" and "Maureen's Jig".
    A search of our usual indexes and suppliers has turned up nothing.
    Can anyone supply directions either for the dances or to where we can
    purchase directions for the dances, please?
    Probably useful to reply to the list as many will have the CD and
    few, if any, the dances!

    Angus

    *     *
       Angus & Puka Henry:– 4 Eagle Court, Wulagi, DARWIN, NT 0812,
    AUSTRALIA
    PHONE: (International) + 61 (0)8 8927 9203
    FAX: available: phone first to arrange.
    Website: <http://www.users.on.net/~anguka/>