  • Steve Wyrick

    Steve Wyrick March 23, 2006, 4:29 p.m. (Message 44860)

    Re: Two chords

    On Thu, 23 Mar 2006 14:47:15 +0200
      "Wouter Joubert" <xxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx.xx> wrote:
    > Hi Audrey
    >
    > As someone teaching and dancing almost exclusively to recorded music I
    > will emphasise again my personal preference for just one chord.
    >
    > The alternative is off course to have two tracks for the dances that
    > might/might not need two chords - one with two chords and one with just
    > one chord.  That way you cater for both the "one chorders" and the "two
    > chorders".  I am no expert but with modern technology it should not be
    > too big a problem.

    I still feel that if you feel you have to cater to all, the simplest solution
    is to put the first chord on its own track, with no break between that track
    and the rest of the dance, as mentioned earlier.  It shouldn't be difficult to
    come up with a version that sounds correct with either one chord or both.
     Providing 2 separate versions seems like overkill, and a waste of disk space
    that could be used for other dances!
    --
    Steve Wyrick - Concord, California