  • Alan Paterson

    Alan Paterson March 23, 2006, 7:55 a.m. (Message 44854)

    Re: The Ruby Strathspey

    On 22/03/2006 19:25, Kay Munn wrote:
    > Hi!
    > I am trying to find a set of original instructions for The Ruby
    > Strathspey.
    >
    > It appears in minicrib as a 4 X 32 strathspey, and refers to the RSCDS
    > Croydon Branch Ruby Anniversary, but when I go to this source I find a 4
    > X 48 strathspey (devised by Barbara Barnes), and quite different from
    > the one in minicribs.

    Minicrib is describing the dance by Margaret Waddell from the book
    Ladies of Dunse. In my copy of Minicrib (admittedly not the newest)
    there is no reference to any publication. Perhaps Charles has inserted
    the wrong one?

    Alan

    P.S. There is also a 3rd Ruby Strathspey by John Moore (North Ayrshire).