  • Ron Mackey

    Ron Mackey March 23, 2006, 1:04 a.m. (Message 44849)

    Re: Two Chords

    On 22 Mar 2006 at 16:53, Anselm Lingnau wrote:

     but imposing drastic
    > changes (such as the poussette-on-the-right-foot-for-men idea) isn't
    > possible; anything of the sort would merely create lots of confusion and
    > argument, and (if the changes are too severe or too ridiculous) would
    > probably be ignored by large parts of the community.

    	It is my experience that the current ruling _ is_ ignored by
    many men, anyway.   That is, among those who can do a proper
    PdeB.!!

     (Tinkering with the strathspey poussette,
    > for example, is fine for the RSCDS since they invented it in the first place;
    > note the ongoing controversy on exactly when hands should be dropped on set &
    > link to see just how big the RSCDS influence is concerning issues that do not
    > matter one way or another to a large majority of dancers -- however strongly
    > people like the originator of the concept may feel.)

    	Well, the RSCDS influence is quite strong enough on that
    point as I understand that the original deviser of S & L  designed it
    without the use of hands?  On the basis of the above argument they
    should not have done so as it wasn't theirs in the first place.
    ??