  • Jim Healy

    Jim Healy March 22, 2006, 9:12 a.m. (Message 44832)

    Dashing White Sergeant (was Two Chords)

    Greetings!

    Simon Scott writes:

    >As Iain Boyd said earlier two chords would be more useful in the Dashing
    >White Sergeant. There they would have a valid purpose.

    The old timers on this list will be unsurprised at my approximately biennial
    answer to this question. The DWS always did, and IMO should always still,
    start with a four bar intro. That allows plenty of time for the centre
    person to acknowledge both partners and both lines of three to make eye
    contact.

    Jim Healy
    Perth and Monaco