  • Anselm Lingnau

    Anselm Lingnau March 22, 2006, 1:20 a.m. (Message 44829)

    Re: Two Chords

    Peter McClure wrote:

    > I haven't been keeping a count, but I have a feeling that most of the
    > musicians who have posted on this topic have been against the second
    > chord.  I think that ought to count for quite a lot.

    As a musician, I don't mind the extra chord one way or the other. Like Steve,
    I do not play the same chord both times, so the »let's record the first chord
    as an extra track on the CD« doesn't cut it. I also try to space the chords
    in a fashion that will let the people in question cross to the other side of
    the set with apropriate dignity. Furthermore, I try to be aware of which
    dances require two chords, and my sets of music state this with suitable
    conspicuousness. Having said that, my method is to go with the flow. As a
    musician I provide a service; whoever pays me is entitled to pick whether
    they want the chord or not. So far, most people do (but then again, often the
    issue doesn't arise to begin with).

    Anselm
    The best solution I think would be for Gates and Ballmer to simply buy a small
    country and declare Microsoft's sovereignty. Belize would be nice. [...]
    Microsoft could easily buy Belize ($2 billion is $400 per acre and would
    probably be enough), pay off the $380 million national debt, then throw up
    luxury condos for 20,000 programmers.                    -- Robert X. Cringely