Steve Wyrick

Re: Two chords - a question

March 20, 2006, 5:33 p.m. (Message 44769, in reply to message 44751)

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 15:00:27 +0800
  "Audrey Emmett" <xxxxx@xxxxx.xxx.xx> wrote:
> My local Branch (Western Australia) is in the process of having a Cd
>recorded to accompany a book of WA dances. Some of the dances are for four
>couple sets,  with third and fourth couples starting the dance on opposite
>sides. The issue of recording two chords for these dances has arisen. I would
>very much appreciate the opinion of Strathspey subscribers as to whether they
>are in favour of the inclusion of two chords, or not.
>
> We had heard from a UK visitor that RSCDS HQ was thinking of dropping the
>recording of two chords, but the Cd for Book 43 disproved that rumour!
>
> My thanks in anticipation...

I'd vote for including 2 chords; regardless of various objections, it still
seems to be standard practice to play them, and most dancers are used to them.
 If anyone really objects to two chords they can simply copy the track and
chop the first chord off; easily done with various computer audio editing
programs. -Steve

--
Steve Wyrick - Concord, California