  • David Grubb

    David Grubb March 17, 2006, 12:36 a.m. (Message 44736)

    Re: Teaching and guns

    They are a delightful couple, I would be glad to have them, not only
    is he in the right place, but his non-steps are largely in time with
    the music.  I would whinge about the problem child/children in our
    group too, but I fear that some of the group might be subscribers, and
    not happy with my analysis.

    David

    At 03:43 AM 3/15/2006, you wrote:
    >Has anyone come across this kind of dancer?
    >
    >An Englishman and his wife have been dancing with us here for some
    years now. When they first turned up, I never thought they would
    continue, they just did not appear to be dancers.  But they have
    stayed, and little by little, have learned the steps.

    >When we do skipchange or strathspey round the room for little
    practise or warm-up, this gentleman's steps are quite satisfactory
    (not quite Nureyev, but just as good as I see on visits to GB), but in
    a dance, while he is generally at the right place at the right time,
    there is no way I can get him to do anything like a Scottish step !

    >Should I be scolding him?
    >Or be glad that he comes along regularly with enthusiasm and a friendly smile?
    >
    >Martin,
    >in Grenoble, France.

    David Grubb  <xxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx>
    Ithaca NY, USA