  • Sue Porter

    Sue Porter March 15, 2006, 10:47 a.m. (Message 44719)

    Re: Video of Children Dancing on BBC

    700 children representing 40 Primary Schools from Glasgow, dancing their
    hearts out for nearly 3 hours in the Kelvin Hall, Glasgow.

    This event was organise by the Glasgow Primary Physical Education Team in
    partnership with RSCDS Glasgow Branch.  The event commenced with a grand
    march of the school banners lead by two pipers who were virtually drowned
    out ( a first! ) by the cheers as each school entered the hall.
     Christine Watson, Primary PE Manager , Glasgow City and Stewart Adam, RSCDS
    Chairman opened the proceedings. John Renton's 5 piece band kept the dancers
    on their toes with Les Lambert acting as MC.
    It was a pleasure to be invited  and share in the enjoyment of all these
    young dancers, many of whom had only been dancing for a few months.

    Congratulations to all the organisers and teachers but especially the
    weans.  ( or children for the non Glasgow folk!)

    This is one of many such festivals in Scotland that is keeping our rational
    Scottish Country dancing alive and jigging.

    Sue Porter
    RSCDS Youth Director