  • Volleyballjerry

    Volleyballjerry March 13, 2006, 5:30 p.m. (Message 44681)

    Re: reply default

    In a message dated 03/13/2006 4:32:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
    xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx writes:

    > Re: reply default
    >  Date: 03/13/2006 4:32:48 AM Pacific Standard Time
    >  From: xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx
    >  To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    >  Sent from the Internet
    >

    > Is there a setting in your e-mail program that defaults to sender, Robb?
    > When I hit "reply" to the original message, it gives me the strathspey
    > address, not Doug's. Using Microsoft Entourage/Mac.-Steve

    No, my default is to the "Reply-to" Strathspey address.  But occasionally, as
    in the examples that I've sent along with messages, the "Reply-to" line (as
    it appears in your message above) is simply missing, omitted, when a message
    arrives from the Strathspey.  Only in that case does the reply default to the
    "From."  What puzzles me is why that line is occasionally missing from
    Strathspey messages received.

    Robb