  • Anselm Lingnau

    Anselm Lingnau March 13, 2006, 1:41 p.m. (Message 44672)

    Re: Where are the RSCDS???

    Jim Healy wrote:

    > Personally, I will not lament the passing of competitive dancing which I
    > consider alien to the social nature of our pastime.

    When describing SCD to newcomers, I usually stress that there is no
    competitive element involved. This is unlike, say, ballroom dancing clubs,
    where (I'm told) anybody who exhibits any aptitude at all is constantly
    pestered to join the competitive team. I consider this a major advantage.

    Anselm
    After all, all he did was string together a lot of old, well-known quotations.
                                            -- Henry Louis Mencken, on Shakespeare