  • Alan Paterson

    Alan Paterson March 13, 2006, 1:05 p.m. (Message 44668)

    Re: Teaching and guns

    On 13/03/2006 12:29, Andrea Re wrote:

    > 1) probably the long established classes don't welcome new members
    > because, and rightly so, they can't be bothered with the Cumberland
    > reels and the likes of it. If the group can't be bothered organizing
    > beginners' classes, the group is to blame, not the teaching of steps.

    OK. Fair comment. However (as in our case) what do you do if you have
    8-10 regulars and (on a good day) 2 beginners?

    If I were ever in the situation of having 6-8 beginners with whom I
    could do a separate class, it would be like having my Birthday on the
    25th December.

    Alan

    P.S. Having received today my Scottish Country Dancer magazine I now
    know what Andrea looks like. Aha! Chris Ronald as well. Isn't it odd how
    one makes pictures of people with whom one corresponds - and these are
    totally wrong?