Alan Paterson

Re: Teaching and guns

March 13, 2006, 1:05 p.m. (Message 44668)

On 13/03/2006 12:29, Andrea Re wrote:

> 1) probably the long established classes don't welcome new members
> because, and rightly so, they can't be bothered with the Cumberland
> reels and the likes of it. If the group can't be bothered organizing
> beginners' classes, the group is to blame, not the teaching of steps.

OK. Fair comment. However (as in our case) what do you do if you have
8-10 regulars and (on a good day) 2 beginners?

If I were ever in the situation of having 6-8 beginners with whom I
could do a separate class, it would be like having my Birthday on the
25th December.

Alan

P.S. Having received today my Scottish Country Dancer magazine I now
know what Andrea looks like. Aha! Chris Ronald as well. Isn't it odd how
one makes pictures of people with whom one corresponds - and these are
totally wrong?