  • Volleyballjerry

    Volleyballjerry March 12, 2006, 7:19 p.m. (Message 44650)

    Re: Reply to:" setting on Strathspey

    In a message dated 03/12/2006 6:05:26 AM Pacific Standard Time,
    xx@xxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx writes:

    > Making reply-to-sender the default would bias the list toward a  more
    > person-to-person  default, and would decrease its interactive nature.
    > It would increase the "Please send  replies  to  me,  too"  messages,
    > which could easily be more numerous than the accidental messages.

    I'm with John on this.  I wouldn't want to see it changed.  The vast majority
    of my comments upon a Strathspey commentary are destined for the list.  If I
    occasionally want to respond only to the sender personally, then I make a
    point of doing that.

    Occasionally though the "reply to:" (Strathspey default) is missing entirely
    on a message arriving from the Strathspey, and quite ironically on John's own
    message of all things:

    Subj:   Re: Reply to:" setting on Strathspey
    Date:   03/12/2006 6:05:26 AM Pacific Standard Time
    From:   xx@xxxxxxxx.xxx.xxx
    To: xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx, xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    Sent from the Internet (Details)

    I've mentioned this before and still wonder why it occasionally occurs.  The
    reply default on John's own message was a personal default, and I've had to
    manually add the Strathspey e-mail address!!!

    Robb Quint
    Thousand Oaks, CA, USA