  • suepetyt

    suepetyt March 12, 2006, 5:57 p.m. (Message 44649)

    RE: Where are the RSCDS???

    As an impartial observer at festivals I have noticed that adjudicators tend
    to award higher marks for what I would call the 'entertaining' teams which
    are normally not RSCDS Branches.  These usually wear matching kilts/dresses,
    often have younger members and the teamwork is good, the footwork however is
    often sadly deficient.  I know of one such team which advertises that it
    does not do step practice.  It does however attract a lot of young people,
    including boys and travels overseas to demonstrate Scottish dancing.

    The Branches tend to dance with more restraint, and much better footwork,
    more prim perhaps, and the members of the team tend to be older.

    I know of some advanced 'RSCDS' dancers who feel that competitive festivals
    are no longer for them.

    Is there a lesson here?

    Happy Dancing
    Sue Petyt