  • George Meikle

    George Meikle March 10, 2006, 9:09 a.m. (Message 44617)

    RE: Islay

    Angus,

    The information about "Islay" was supplied to me by another lady who died a
    few years ago and I do not have anything more than what is listed in the

    The entry for "Islay Strathspey" in the Sutton Coldfield Index was
    originally entered into the index by the late Barry Priddey and has been
    carried on in subsequent issues. I know who holds all Barry's old SCD books
    and leaflets after his death, but unfortunately that person is on holiday
    until end of March. I will pursue for you when they return.

    Kind regards
    George Meikle
    compiler of the
    Sutton Coldfield Country Dance Index

    -----Original Message-----
    From: strathspey-bounces-george.meikle=xxxxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx
    [mailto:strathspey-bounces-george.meikle=xxxxxxxxxx.xxx@xxxxxxxxxx.xxx] On
    Behalf Of Angus Henry
    Sent: 10 March 2006 04:12
    To: SCD news and discussion
    Subject: Re: Islay

    You seem to have stepped on a real mystery here!

      The 5C version ("Islay") is cribbed in "Minicribs" but no source
    given; it is also listed in the Sutton Coldfield Index with the
    sources remaining a mystery.

    The "Islay Strathspey" is listen in the Sutton Coldfield Index as
    from RSCDS (MacNab), and in Napiers Index as collected by Jean
    Milligan; but it does not appear in the Miss Milligan Miscellanies
    nor in the Mary MacNab books (nor in the original MacNab Leaflet sets.)

    Please share any information with the rest of us!

    Angus

    On 10-03-2006, at 3:06 , Merrill & Al Heubach wrote:

    > I am looking for the instructions/sources for two dances. One is
    > The Islay
    > Strathspey; the other is Islay, a strathspey for 5 couples. I have
    > crib
    > notes for the latter which are not completely clear to me. Can
    > anyone help
    > with either or both dances? Thanks
    > Merrill Heubach
    > Lunenburg, Nova Scotia

    *     *
       Angus & Puka Henry:- 4 Eagle Court, Wulagi, DARWIN, NT 0812,
    AUSTRALIA
    PHONE: (International) + 61 (0)8 8927 9203
    FAX: available: phone first to arrange.
    Website: <http://www.users.on.net/~anguka/>