  • Angus Henry

    Angus Henry March 10, 2006, 5:11 a.m. (Message 44616)

    Re: Islay

    You seem to have stepped on a real mystery here!

      The 5C version ("Islay") is cribbed in "Minicribs" but no source
    given; it is also listed in the Sutton Coldfield Index with the
    sources remaining a mystery.

    The "Islay Strathspey" is listen in the Sutton Coldfield Index as
    from RSCDS (MacNab), and in Napiers Index as collected by Jean
    Milligan; but it does not appear in the Miss Milligan Miscellanies
    nor in the Mary MacNab books (nor in the original MacNab Leaflet sets.)

    Please share any information with the rest of us!

    Angus

    On 10-03-2006, at 3:06 , Merrill & Al Heubach wrote:

    > I am looking for the instructions/sources for two dances. One is
    > The Islay
    > Strathspey; the other is Islay, a strathspey for 5 couples. I have
    > crib
    > notes for the latter which are not completely clear to me. Can
    > anyone help
    > with either or both dances? Thanks
    > Merrill Heubach
    > Lunenburg, Nova Scotia

    *     *
       Angus & Puka Henry:– 4 Eagle Court, Wulagi, DARWIN, NT 0812,
    AUSTRALIA
    PHONE: (International) + 61 (0)8 8927 9203
    FAX: available: phone first to arrange.
    Website: <http://www.users.on.net/~anguka/>