  • Wendy Grubb

    Wendy Grubb March 9, 2006, 2:48 p.m. (Message 44608)

    RE: Rules for teachers

    I usually hold the book in my hand as well since I
    have dancers who enjoy finding errors in what I say.
    I know what you mean about the difficulty of what was
    meant. I usually get members of my group to volunteer
    to try various things if I am unsure as well as asking
    other teachers who have more experience than I do or
    who dance in other areas and maybe even know the
    devisor.  I personally do better with words than with
    pictures so I only use Pillings if I already know the
    dance.  My sister on the other hand dances with a
    group that uses Pillings extensively and she finds it
    very difficult to read dances and understand them.  It
    is good to have both since we have multiple learning
    styles in dancers.
    Wendy