Steve Wyrick

Re:GNU/Linux (was: emcee) -- NO SCD content...

March 8, 2006, 6:47 p.m. (Message 44581)

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006 12:35:28 -0500
  "Alexandre Rafalovitch" <xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.xxx> wrote:

> P.s. TLA (three-letter-acronym) was at one point a self referential
> joke, the same way Linux operating system could be interpreted as
> Linux Is Not UniX.....

You COULD interpret it that way but I don't believe that was the intent.  I
understand Linux was named that because it was LINus Torvald's interpretation
of the UniX kernel. On the other hand, Richard Stallman's original system GNU,
which Linux works with, IS self-referential, and I suspect what you were
thinking of:  GNU stands for GNU's Not Unix! -Steve
--
Steve Wyrick - Concord, California