  • Patricia Ruggiero

    Patricia Ruggiero March 8, 2006, 5:05 p.m. (Message 44571)

    RE: Difference Between Briefing a dance and Recapping a Dance

    Chris wrote:

    > In short, by the time a ball or dance finally arrives, all I
    > want and all I
    > expect is a crisp and accurate reminder of how the dance
    > goes.  A  short
    > briefing or recap, in other words.
    >
    > Frankly, I feel I owe it to my fellow dancers to study the
    > dances as well  as
    > I can before a dance.

    Well said, Chris.  I'll add that it's my experience that if one doesn't know
    a complicated dance before the briefing, one is not likely to learn it from
    same; therefore, long and detailed briefings (a contradiction in terms) are
    not of benefit to those who don't know the dance, while being an irritant to
    those who do.

    Pat
    Charlottesville, Virginia USA