  • Volleyballjerry

    Volleyballjerry March 6, 2006, 5:52 a.m. (Message 44504)

    stampede vs. genteel reordering

    More sensible comments (below) from Sylvia!  I've been dancing for decades,
    and I am trying to remember a dance, a simple monthly dance with recorded music
    or a much grander ball with musicians, whereïn consistently throughout the
    whole evening the entire floor was cleared (to where?) between dances.  I'm not
    certain that I am even able to recall any such thing in its extreme.  I can
    well imagine the scenario described by Sylvia (below), for which many seem to be
    wishing, creating much more of a not-so-elegant stampede at the announcement
    of the next dance than the calm and genteel thanking of one's partner for the
    dance just finished, then either locating a prebooked partner or asking
    someone within sight spontaneously for the next one, and reorganizing without great
    rush into new sets.

    Robb Quint
    Thousand Oaks, CA, USA