  • Deirdre MacCuish Bark

    Deirdre MacCuish Bark Feb. 13, 2006, 5:48 p.m. (Message 44247)

    RE: R.E.History question:were SCD actually taught to girl guides

    When I went to Moray House in the mid to late 60s, we were taught Swedish
    Clap dances, for use in Primary School Phys. Ed. classes.  The book
    concerned is still probably hiding in our basement.
     Some time in the third year at the college we had two classes in SCD, but
    that was all!  Once I was teaching Primary classes I did do SCD with them,
    drawing on my memories of SCD in the Girl Guides from three or so years
    earlier.  The Edinburgh boarding school which I attended for my last three
    high school years, did not teach SCD either, just ceilidh which we did at
    the formal dance at the end of each year.

    Deirdre

    Ontario, Canada